- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 green onions, light green and dark green parts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preferred wonton dipping sauce
- Heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil on the stove to approximately 350*
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the cream cheese, Sriracha and green onions until totally combined. In a separate bowl, mix together egg and 1/2 cup water
- Assembling the wontons: Dunk all outer edges of wonton wrapper into egg wash, then place about 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the middle of the wrapper. Take diagonal edges of the wrapper and pinch together over top of the cream cheese, then do the same with the opposite corners so you have a properly formed dumpling. Be sure not to let the wrappers dry out by placing a wet paper towel over top of them.
- Drop wontons in, one at a time, until golden brown then remove and dry on paper towels or a wire drying rack. Filling will be very hot so allow time for them to cool.
Recipe from: AllRecipes